Glass edging is based on the fact that glass has sharp edges after cutting and is accompanied by a large number of invisible micro-cracks. For further production and processing, the edges need to be ground to eliminate sharp edges and micro-cracks to ensure the safety and yield rate of subsequent processing, while meeting the requirements of product use. From the perspective of deep processing, many deep-processed glasses need to be tempered. The tempered glass processing technology requires edge grinding of the glass to avoid micro-cracks at the edge of the glass from expanding and spreading during the heating process to produce bursts, and to ensure the rate of tempered products. . From the perspective of relevant standards, according to the "Toughened Glass for Building Doors, Windows and Curtain Walls", the material requirements: the processing of the broken glass edges of the building doors and windows and curtains can be chamfered and three-sided fine grinding; glass curtain walls and day lighting roofs. Toughened glass should be finely ground and polished on three sides, and the chamfer width should not be less than 1 mm. Therefore, edging of glass is not only a production process requirement but also a product use requirement.
Figure 1 The processing of simple glass edging 1
1. Principle of simple glass edging
Simple edging is mainly to chamfer the glass. Its purpose is to grind and eliminate the sharp edges, small cracks, and micro-cracks left during cutting, creating conditions for subsequent processing, improving the yield of subsequent processes, and preventing installation and use. Slander. Simple edging is also called rough edging or chamfering. Usually, a grinding wheel, abrasive belt, or diamond wheel is used to grind the edge of the glass through high-speed rotation. Water is used as a heat dissipation medium to prevent edge bursts and eliminate sharp edges and micro cracks. Purpose, the grinding principle is relatively simple. Simple edging is easy to operate. With the help of different simple edging equipment and grinding methods, different shapes of glass edging can be realized, which solves the problem of special-shaped glass edging that cannot be handled by linear edging machines. As an alternative and supplement to straight-line edging, simple edging usually focuses on grinding glass with a thickness of 6 mm and below.
2 Types of simple edging
2.1 Generally, glass is mainly used indoors and windows, curtain walls, automobiles, furniture, and other industries. According to different uses, glass has different edging requirements. The specific edging methods are as follows:
(1) Use a straight edge machine and a bilateral machine for edging treatment.
Straight-line edging machines usually have multiple grinding heads with 9 grinding heads or more for edging and polishing, which can be used for fine grinding and polishing at the same time. This kind of edging method is mainly aimed at the architectural glass. For example, the industry standard of "Toughened Glass for Building Doors and Windows Curtain Walls" requires that glass curtain walls and day lighting roofs should be finely ground and polished on three sides. Usually, one or more sides of the glass to be installed are exposed. In addition, some ornamental items such as railings, handrails, door glass, glass for shopping malls, etc., require better edging quality and generally use a linear edging machine for fine edging and polishing.
(2) Use a special-shaped edging machine and beveling machine for edging treatment.
Furniture glass, such as tabletops, counters, and interior-specific decorative glass, these glasses usually require better edging quality, and also require special edging treatments such as rounded edges, rounded straight edges, and beveled edges.
(3) Use a simple edging machine for simple edging treatment.
For example, the glass used in building doors and windows is installed with hidden edges and not exposed. Simple edging treatment can be carried out under the premise of meeting technological requirements. These glasses account for more than 60% of the processing volume of conventional glass deep-processing enterprises.
Simple edging methods are more important: Four-side edging glass edging machine, diamond wheel simple edging machine, and angle grinder are used by Year. Except for the large-scale vertical belt edging machine provided by LiSEC, the price is relatively high. Most simple edging machines have a lower cost of grinding materials and faster grinding speed. Jinan LIJIANG Glass manual simple glass edging machine can be selected if the technical requirements are not high.
2.2 Types of simple edging machine
There are many types of simple edging machines, and different equipment can be selected according to different requirements. At present, the following 3 types are commonly used in the market:
(1) Abrasive belt edging machine.
Divided into large belt edging machine and simple belt edging machine. The large abrasive belt edging machine has a large amount of glass grinding, which can meet the demand for chamfering and edging of more than 1mm, and the equipment investment is relatively large. For example, the price of LiSEC belt edging machine is hundreds of thousands or even millions Above yuan, this kind of edging machine also comes with a film washing machine, its edging efficiency is higher, the edging quality is the best, the edge bursting and damage is less, and it provides a better guarantee for the subsequent tempering treatment; simple abrasive belt grinding The edging machine uses two motors to drive two abrasive belts to chamfer and grind the glass. Because the glass needs to be manually held and placed between the two abrasive belts for edging, it can grind a variety of special-shaped glasses. . Its structure is simple and the price is cheap, but the edging method consumes a lot of human strength. When chamfering, the glass is pushed by manpower to move on the sanding belt. Because the tightened sanding belt has a certain elasticity, it is greatly pushed. Due to the impact of tightness, the width of the chamfer is different, and it is difficult to control the width of the chamfer; at the same time, the glass has more edges, which is not conducive to tempering production.
Figure 2 The Jinan LIJIANG glass abrasive belt glass edging machine 1
(2) Four-side grinding machine.
This type of edging machine is a new type of edging machine that has grown rapidly in recent years. It can either chamfer or grind the bottom edge, but it is relatively mature for chamfering. Using diamond wheel as the edging material, the price of this edging machine is also higher, generally around 50,000 to 100,000 Dollars. Its characteristic is that it can be used for chamfering different sizes of glass, with fast speed and high efficiency, which is extremely beneficial to enterprises with a large number of loose sheets of thin plates. It can use mechanical or manual loading, which saves manpower. Four-side grinding mainly relies on the proximity switch to control the grinding wheel to grind the glass. The stability is not easy to control. The starting part and tail of the grinding are frequently adjusted and difficult to control. It is easy to cause the glass to fail to grind or break the glass from the corners, but it saves personnel. , Can grind rectangular glass of various specifications at will, which is the basis of its wide use.
Figure 3 The automatic four-side glass grinding machine 1
(3) Diamond wheel simple edging machine.
There are two types of diamond wheel simple edging machine, single wheel, and double wheel, and some also come with a film removing the wheel, which can remove the film while edging the coated glass. The price of this equipment varies according to different configurations, usually around 1,000 to 6,000 Dollars. There is little difference in operation between the diamond wheel simple edging machine and the simple belt grinding. It requires people to hold the glass for edging. It can be used for the edging of a variety of special-shaped glass and can grind different sizes of the glass of various specifications. Due to the high hardness of the diamond wheel, the chamfering and edging can be carried out as long as the glass is held manually to ensure the position of the grinding wheel, and the glass is not forced to be pressed. The chamfering width is about 1 mm, and the diamond wheel grinding has fewer edge bursts, which ensures the quality of glass chamfering and edging, which can meet the further processing requirements of glass. For deep-processing glass enterprises, it is equipped with a simple edging with double diamond wheels. The machine is more reasonable and effective and plays a better supplementary and auxiliary role for edging. The diamond wheel edging machine occupies a small area, and there is no need to adjust the edging machine according to the size and thickness of the glass. It can be used at any time. Changing the glass for edging, in addition to edging for batch orders, is more advantageous for edging loose pieces and patches that need to be completed quickly.
(4) Hand-held simple grinding machine.
The edging machine is mainly fixed on a manual angle grinder with a grinding wheel for edging treatment and is mainly used for the edging of openings, holes, and some special situations. The edging effect is not good, the appearance is not flat after polishing, the edges are rough, and new micro-cracks may be accompanied. However, because it can grind any glass edge, this edging method has its irreplaceable aspects. This edging method It's extremely simple.
Figure 4 The hand-held simple glass grinding machine 1
3. Features and deficiencies of simple edging
3.1 Features of simple edging
Simple edging and relatively speaking have the following 7 characteristics:
(1) In terms of the current development trend of glass, laminated and insulating glass based on thin plates account for a greater proportion in the deep processing industry, and simple edging meets the product structure requirements of glass companies.
(2) Most simple edge search techniques are not very demanding. Now many simple edging machines and diamond wheel simple edging machines commonly used by small and medium-sized enterprises, even new trainers can get started very quickly, unlike the straight-line edging machine that requires a large amount of grinding Only by adjusting the edge and grinding wheel can the operation be stable, so that the simple edging machine can quickly produce efficiency, and the enterprise does not have to go to great lengths to find or retain an experienced edging operator;
(3) Scattered orders and patches are the most troublesome problem in the delivery time of deep processing enterprises, especially if there are more scattered tablets and patches in the edging process, the traditional edging method will be very slow, inefficient, and cause work. Personnel is unwilling to grind and can push and push, which affects production efficiency and at the same time affects production schedule and delivery time. The simple edging machine can complete the scattered orders and patches in the first time, especially the simple edging machine with a diamond wheel, which can produce scattered orders and patches in real-time, which solves a major problem in production management.
(4) The simple edging machine can grind special-shaped glass of various shapes, which makes up for the shortcomings that the straight-line edging machine cannot grind the special-shaped glass. It complements the straight-line edging machine and not only improves the grinding efficiency of the special-shaped glass. The quality also promotes higher efficiency of the whole edging;
(5) It is possible to grind different specifications of glass without adjusting the length and width of the edging machine, and the grinding efficiency is high;
(6)Since the simple edging machine is used to fill the glass into the column letter building, the edging does not change the shape of the glass cough, and ensures that the size of the glass does not change due to the edging;
(7) Low grinding cost. The simple edging machine has low abrasive cost, low power consumption, and low equipment maintenance cost, which is conducive to cost saving for enterprises.
Figure 5 The effect of glass edging and chamfering 1
3.2 The shortcomings of simple edging
A simple edging machine has its advantages and disadvantages. Its disadvantages are mainly manifested in the following 3 aspects:
(1) The main feature of the simple edging machine is the chamfering of the corners. It does not have the bottom edge grinding and polishing function, so it has its edging limitations. The glass that needs fine grinding and polishing cannot be processed, and the thicker glass cannot be processed. Conducive to grinding. Generally, a glass of 6 mm and below can be treated with simple edging, and a glass of 8 mm and above is not recommended to be treated with simple edging. Because the thickness of the glass is thicker, the heating time required for tempering after rough edging will be longer, which is likely to cause glass deformation. At the same time, it is not easy for the operator to control the heating time of some simple edging glass, which will also increase the damage; the thicker the glass, the bottom The unground area of the edge is also larger, slightly. There are also more crack defects, which also increase the probability of glass breakage;
(2) Some, such as simple belt edging machine and hand-held simple sanding machine, have a lot of edge bursts and poor aesthetics;
(3) Simple edging needs to increase the heating time appropriately during tempering, and the efficiency of edging is improved, but it also causes an increase in the electricity consumption of tempering and frequent glass deformation.
Edging is a more important link in deep processing enterprises. Edging is more cumbersome and usually has more edging equipment. Enterprises need to carry out different edging operations according to different customer needs and product use methods and need to pass appropriate equipment combinations. To meet the needs of edging. Simple edging equipment is undoubtedly the best complement and supplement to traditional linear edging machines. It can be used for batch edging of orders, as well as fast edging for special-shaped glass and single pieces, thereby improving the production efficiency of enterprises. And order delivery rate on time, providing enterprises with more edging options and convenience. Choose the appropriate simple edging machine according to the characteristics of the enterprise, and use the simple edging method reasonably, so that the method does play a role in promoting the production of the enterprise, thereby increasing the production efficiency, customer satisfaction and economic benefits are for the development of the enterprise.
For more information about Jinan LIJIANG Glass insulating glass processing equipment and insulating glass processing accessories, please click here to learn more.